Saturday, May 25, 2013

divine appointment

i'm so excited!  time has been zipping along at normal speed!!!!  since i wrote last, we've said our bittersweet farewells to lisa and nanchang, had hannah's first plane ride (and subsequent filling of barf bags), gotten settled into guangzhou, completed the medical examination, eaten mexican with chinese waitresses :) and had the complete blessing of ministering to a mom who needed a divine appointment.  you know the times when you do something that you wouldn't normally do?  and only later do you realize it was a prompting of the Holy Spirit?  i don't mean that to sound all spiritual or holy or anything smacking of 'me' because honestly i know i had nothing to do with it.  if i would have had anything to do with it, it wouldn't have happened.  i hope that some part of that made sense because it was really a beautiful thing that God allowed me to be a part of.  a deeply hurting mom and a mom (me) who recognized herself in this mom's pain.

do you not love the wine vending machine in the lobby of the health clinic?!  (nice transition of paragraphs...LOL!)

broke my heart today as hannah struggled with even her 'good' right eye to see the eye chart from just a short distance away.  my guess is that her vision is really crummy in the right eye and i pray glasses will open up a new and brighter world for our sweet girl.  love her to pieces and realizing each day how easy of a transition we've had so far....

our friendship with julie and brian has been so gooooood.  he's a man's man, funny, adventuresome (which is great for a sissy wink like myself who wouldn't venture far :).  they have been an amazing blessing to the kids and me.

phoebe texted me her weight today -- 55 lbs.  hannah packs it in at 42 :)  not even kidding when i say i carry her on my hips like a toddler.  crazy!

calling it a (good) day because we are up early to go to church on shamian island and then shopping :):):).  i'm not even a shopper outside of amazon and walmart, and i'm excited for the nostalgic trip :)  it so much symbolizes china adoption.  it is your reward for a year long accomplishment of paper-chasing insanity!!!

i know we are in the home stretch and it is easy to let us fall off your prayer radar :), but i hope you will continue until we a safely on home soil;  i thinking they are what has carried us this far.

love from guangzhou.  xoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. Gettin' closer to home!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, glad you enjoyed the day. The girls look so pretty. Is that your guide?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on arriving on Shamian Island! It is such a good feeling when you know that all you have left to do are the final steps to allow your child to enter the good ol' U.S.A!!! Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok so I read the part about the wine and the vending machine and for the life of me, 'I just didn't get it" so I read it again and reread it several times looking for the hidden meaning....then I scrolled down alittle farther and saw the picture, duh! what an idiot I am. Miss you and I do so love the pictures. I had a family from China here with me yesterday and even tho we did not understand a word of each others language we had an awesome time. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps what providence or city are you in?

    ReplyDelete